NYRWA IS GROWING AND HIRING
Water Technical Assistance Provider
The purpose of the NYS Technical Assistance Program is to provide on-site technical assistance to small rural water systems (systems serving less than 10,000 customers) with issues ranging from leak detection, line location, treatment issues, regulatory compliance, emergency response plans, standard operating procedures, asset management plans, and all forms of capacity development. The NYS TA Providers also facilitate continuing education training and assist with operational issues regarding water fluoridation systems.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
1. Travels extensively throughout central and eastern NY to offer on‑site technical assistance
2. Provides assistance in all areas of operations, maintenance, management, security, finance, public health, and environmental issues.
3. Provides the type of assistance that offers "training" rather than "fixing".
4. Prioritize requests to ensure coverage of water systems with serious health or economic problems first. Priority will also be given to persons or groups who do not have access to high quality drinking water or proper treatment.
5. Setup and facilitation of (6) one-day training sessions per year which includes: training planning, class set-up on site, attendee registration and completion of NYS required paperwork. An industry professional will typically make the actual presentation.
6. Reviews new technical standards set and proposed by public and private organizations.
7. Develops informational magazine articles quarterly for publication.
8. Responds to inquiries from facilities, consumers, governmental agencies, and others regarding technical matters.
9. Works closely with regulatory agencies and the NYS Dept. of Health Small System Technical Assistance Coordinator.
10. On-site assistance will be provided to both municipal and privately owned water systems.
11. Accurately completes and submits the required reporting in the required timely fashion.
12. Eligible candidates must possess a NYS Grade IIA & D Water Operator Certification
SALARY & BENEFITS:
New York Rural Water Association provides competitive salaries and benefits, including a 401k plan with a 7% match, health and dental insurance, company vehicle, laptop, cell phone, and printer. If you are looking for a new challenge, this may be the opportunity for you to grow within the industry, provide assistance for technical challenges, and help to train the next generation of operators.
Please submit resumes with your salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org where we will receive resumes until the position is successfully filled.