You are here

COVID– 19 Virus

  • 13 March 2020
  • ckearns

March 13, 2020

From: Jamie Herman, CEO

To: Our Valued System & Associate Members

Re: COVID– 19 Virus

The Board of Directors and the CEO continue to monitor the day to day changes regarding the COVID-19 Virus, and its potential impacts on the trainings and services we provide to and for our members.  While we do not wish to make any rash decisions, we are aware of your concerns for health, safety, finances, and scheduling.  Our first and primary concern will always be the health and safety of our staff and members.

As an abundance of caution, we have decided to reschedule (2) recertification training sessions scheduled for March 17 and March 24, 2020.  Due to the location and the number of identified cases in the general area of this session, we thought it would be prudent to reschedule the sessions at this time.  These sessions will be rescheduled for July 2020.  All other advertised and scheduled recertification training sessions will remain on schedule at this time.

As for our Annual Technical Conference, we are continuing to monitor the situation, we will comply with any orders released by New York State or federally, and plan to make a decision no later than April 17, 2020, if not earlier.  We regret any issue this may cause as you make your arrangements, but this issue is obviously out of our control.  The Board of Directors and CEO wish to wait on a decision as we realize this could ultimately have impacts on your travel, recertification process, and a significant financial impact to your community, company, and the conference local.

Again, our first concern will always be your health and safety, this is really unchartered territory for all of us, we ask for your consideration as we navigate through the factual information, potential impacts, and ultimately make the best decision possible for our members and staff.



Jamie Herman, CEO