NYRWA is Seeking Resumes for Wastewater Technician
NYRWA has filled the open positions, however we anticipate future growth and are seeking resumes for the position of Wastewater Technician. NYRWA is a great place to work with outstanding benefits, 401k, competitive salaries, and work schedule flexibility. If you are interested in future consideration, please email your resume and salary requirements to Jamie Herman, CEO, at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
Wastewater Technician Job Description
The purpose of the Wastewater Technician is to protect the nation’s multi-billion-dollar investment in rural and small municipal wastewater facilities and collection systems and to assist in maintaining regulatory compliance. This objective is met for systems by providing on-site technical assistance that assures cost-effective operations, system optimization, regulatory compliance and capacity development.
- Travel extensively throughout the state/jurisdiction to offer on‑site technical assistance to municipal wastewater systems serving populations of 10,000 or less
- Provide assistance in all areas of operations, maintenance, management, security, finances, loan application, health, and environmental issues.
- Provide the type of assistance that offers "training" rather than "fixing".
- Prioritize requests to ensure coverage of wastewater systems with serious health, economic or compliance problems first.
- Review new technical standards set and proposed by public, private and regulatory organizations.
- Develop informational articles for dissemination.
- Respond to inquiries from facilities, consumers, governmental agencies, and others regarding technical matters.
- Provide on-site assistance and/or training that geographically covers the program territory.
- May be required to meet with various agencies on routine intervals.
- Accurately complete and submit reporting as required.
Salary and Benefits:
- Company vehicle, laptop, cell phone, printer, and data projector provided.
- Health & dental insurance or a monthly stipend are provided.
- Flexible work schedule, you develop your own schedule, but must work 40 hours per week.
- Recently retired operators are encouraged to apply as well.
- Salary contingent upon qualifications, experience, and ability.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume with salary requirements to Jamie Herman, CEO, at firstname.lastname@example.org